Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 32-35

So I've been a bit behind on my blogging.  The end of the challenge has taken a bit of wind out of the motivation sails.  I've kept up with my workouts, but I must admit that I've made a few more diet transgressions that I would have liked. Without further ado, here is an uber update to lump together the last four days:

Thursday (Day 32)
I only made one diet slip up today, but it was a big one - Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts.  So good! Other than that, today was a planned rest day so that I could take on the baseline workout on Friday well rested.  Friday is also the day for a Paleo Potluck that the gym is planning.  I found a recipe for Paleo chocolate truffles and I made a huge batch of them.  I made four varieties in all: dark chocolate pecan, dark chocolate almond, orange and dark chocolate, and dark chocolate peppermint.  Who cares if I was up past midnight making them.  They taste incredible and although they are Paleo-ish, I'm sure they still have plenty of calories. 


Workout: Rest Day
Food Journal:
Breakfast: Chicken & Apple Sausage, Scrambled eggs
AM Snack: BBQ Baked Lays
Lunch: Qdoba Naked Salad with Chicken & Guacamole
PM Snack: Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts
Dinner: Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
            Green Beans
            Mixed Green Salad with Tomato and Mushrooms
Evening Snack: Raisin Bran cereal and Milk 
Midnight Snack: 3 chocolate truffles and milk (I had to make sure they turned out o.k.)



Friday (Day 33)
Today was a day of field testing and I fared well until the final hours of the testing.  That's when the pizza that the team ordered for lunch started calling to my hungry belly.  I ate two slices :(.  After work I stopped by the gym and redid the Crossfit Baseline workout since my Wednesday performance was off.  The good news was that I completed the WOD in 3:45 which was a huge improvement from the start of the challenge.  After the workout, we attended the Paleo Potluck where I overate a bit and had far too many Paleo truffles.

Workout:
WOD
“CrossFit Baseline”
For Time:
Row 500m
40 squats
30 sit-ups
20 push ups
10 pull ups

I did the Crossfit Baseline today in 3:45 (33 seconds faster than at the start of the challenge). The form on my pull-ups could have been better.

Food Journal:

Breakfast: 2 bowls Raisin Bran cereal w/ milk, 1 slice of toast
AM Snack: Leftover Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
Lunch: Mixed greens salad with tomato, mushrooms and avacado
           Apple
PM Snack: 2 slices of pizza
At Party: Strawberries, Grapes, Pineapple, Rotisserie Chicken, Asparagus, Pork Tenderloin wrapped in bacon, Paleo Chili, too many Paleo Truffles


Saturday (Day 34)
We ended up leaving a car at the gym when we went to the Paleo Potluck last night; so I decided to run from my house to the gym before the 10AM workout.  The total run was just over 7 miles and it took me about 57 minutes.  It was very hilly in a few sections but I had my fancy new iPhone and Nike+GPS running app that kept me grooving the whole time.  The rest of the day was spent cleaning the house so I'm sure I burned several more calories in the evening.

Workout: 7.1 mile run in 57 minutes ~ 8:10 min/mile pace
-Buy In-
Overhead Squat Skill Work
“Bulger”
Ten rounds of:
  • Run 150 meters
  • 7 Chest to bar pull-ups
  • 135 pound Front squat, 7 reps
  • 7 Handstand push-ups
-Cash Out-
30 GHD Sit Ups

I completed this WOD in 21:13 not Rx’d.  I did 95lbs on the front squats because my knee was bugging me a bit and I used a box for the HSPU’s. My pull-ups were very legit, though. I had a rough time on the GHD sit-ups as my lower back started hurting after the first few.  I ended up finishing the sit-ups on an Ab-mat.

Food Journal: 
Breakfast: Eggs and ham
Lunch: Tuna Salad, Paleo Truffles
PM Snack: 1 bowl Raisin Bran cereal w/ milk, 1 slice of toast w/ crunchy PB
Dinner: Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon and Country Green Beans w/ Ham



Sunday (Day 35)
Nothing like a 17 mile run though the windy hills of Pittsburgh to start your day.  I ended up waking up a bit late and didn't have time to prepare the sweet potato hash that I've been using as pre-long-run fuel.  Instead I had a bowl of Kashi Go-Lean and a piece of toast with almond butter.  I must admit that I felt energetic throughout the entire run.  I was glad when we reached the finish line but I could have gone another 3-4 miles today without too much pain.  After the run one of my buddies was kind enough to host a pancake breakfast at his place.  There were even several Paleo options: sausage, oranges, bananas, eggs.  I stayed pretty well within the Paleo limits, but I did end up trying two small silver dollar pancakes before departing.  After the run we took a family trip to Soergel's Orchard and got some more produce and a bunch of apples.  I also downed a decent sized container of apple cider because I was feeling dehydrated from my run.  It is a fun place to visit.  In addition to the orchard they have a small petting zoo where I was able to introduce Annabelle to some goats, a pony, some sheep and a gigantic pig.  A good time was had by all.

Workout: 17.1 mile long run in 2 hrs and 30 minutes ~ 8:45 min/mile pace
Food Journal:
Breakfast: Kashi Go-lean, Milk, Whole wheat bread, almond butter, OJ
Post Run: Orange slices, half of a banana, 5 breakfast sausage links,  2 eggs, 2 pancakes
Afternoon Meal: Apple Cider, 1/2 slice of supreme pizza
Evening Meal: 3 slices of Ezekiel Bread with Sunflower butter and Apple butter, 2 egg omelet

No comments:

Post a Comment