Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 19

Today was another busy day at work.  I'm glad that the weekend is here but it is definitely going to be a working weekend.  I'm thankful for the lovely wife as she put together an incredible dinner for me tonight, unassisted.  I owe her a nice evening out after this upcoming software release. 

We tried a new recipe for breakfast this morning: sweet potato and apple hash.  This is a nice meat free breakfast that didn't involve sausage in any way.  It is pretty simple to make:  just cut up a sweet potato and an apple into small cubes;  put a little grass fed butter or coconut oil in a pan; and let it cook until the sweet potato is nice and soft.  Then sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg on the top.   I found that it works best to cook the sweet potato a bit before adding the apple.  That way the apple isn't mush by the time the potato is cooked.  If it starts to stick, just add a little water to keep it from burning.  I found that one large sweet potato and an apple were enough for two servings.

Although hash, this dish contains no cannabis - if it did, it might still be Paleo.

Today was another day in the field at work.  These are usually long days of extensive testing but it is nice to get outside.  It is one of the perks of the job.  The only problem with it is that the sponsor often buys lunch for those in the field.  The selection this fine Friday was from Primanti Brothers.  Although a Pittsburgh staple, their menu is far from Paleo.  Luckily I brought myself a nice serving of last night's chicken soup and some left over sweet potato and apple hash so temptation was averted.

By the time 6 PM came around, I was starving.  Lucky for me I have the lovely wife who after a hard day of work herself, kindly began making dinner for tonight: Paleo Taco Salad.  The Paleo version of this recipe is about what you'd expect: bed of lettuce, seasoned ground beef,  huge dollop of homemade guacamole, and homemade salsa.  This might be my favorite dish so far in the challenge.  It was also nice because the lovely wife was able to enjoy traditional tacos while I was able to feast on my salad.


El guapo taco salad

Workout:I ran out of time and energy today - I'm planning a double workout tomorrow to make up for it.

Food Journal:
Breakfast: Sweet Potato and Apple Hash
AM Snack: Big Bag of Almonds and Walnuts
Lunch: Chicken Soup
             Sweet Potato and Apple Hash
PM Snack: Carrot Sticks
Dinner: Taco Salad
              Banana, Walnuts and Almond Butter

Sleep
8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment