Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 25

The challenge is winding down and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to last for the remaining five days.  I must admit that as the end of the challenge approaches, I'm finding myself more and more tempted by non-Paleo foods.  I think this is because there has been ample discussion at the gym about the first thing we are going to eat after the challenge is over.  This question gets me thinking of three things: pizza, cereal w/ milk, and chocolate.  A big delicious sandwich on some nice crusty bread is also sounding quite tempting.  Today at work there were leftovers from a meeting.  This included a boxed lunch from Panera.  I admit, I peeked at the contents.  It was a tuna salad sandwich and I summoned the willpower to pass.  Had it been something like a panini or their delicious turkey bacon bravo, I'm not so sure I would have.

In the evening I went to the gym and the workout of the day was one of the more standard Crossfit workouts known collectively as "the girls".  Tonight was Angie which consists of four exercises: Pull-ups, Push-ups, Sit-ups and Squats each with 100 reps.  At first I suspected that I would be unable to complete 100 Pull-ups without assistance (the gym has elastic bands that you can loop over your feet to reduce the amount of weight you need to pull up).  However I was able to do the first seventeen without taking a break, and then another ten.  Before I knew it I had reached the fifty mark.  The final fifty were slow with several sets of threes and fours, but I finished the pull-ups in about seven minutes without assistance.  The push-ups were next and they were equally challenging.  Again, finishing the first fifty wasn't too bad.  I managed it in four sets.  At that point my chest was fatigued and I had to finish the 100 in five rep increments.  The sit-ups were deceptively hard.  Doing too many of them left me breathless.  I was relieved when I reached the squats and I completed them in four sets to finish the workout.  This was my first dance with Angie and I surprised myself by doing the workout as prescribed.

Dinner was another slow cooker recipe: Paleo pulled pork.  The recipe for the BBQ sauce was lifted from Son of Grok.  The result was a reasonable substitute - probably the best you can do while keeping things Paleo - but I definitely missed the sweet tang of molasses and brown sugar.

All this dish needed was a bun and some sweet tangy BBQ sauce


Workout:
-Buy In-
Row 750M
“Angie”
100 Pull Ups
100 Push Ups
100 Sit Ups
100 Squats
-Cash Out-
15 DB Overhead Squat Each Arm

I completed this workout as prescribed in 19:35.

Oh and by the way:


Annabelle Still Adores Asparagus

Food Journal:
Breakfast: 1 1/2 Chicken & Apple Sausage Links
                  1 1/2 Eggs (scrambled)
AM Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Salmon Patty
             Salad
PM Snack: Salmon Patty
                  1 orange
Dinner: Paleo Pulled Pork
            Asparagus
            Cantaloupe

Sleep:
8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment