Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 20

I started this morning refreshed after a good night sleep and proceeded with a very light breakfast and a very hard workout.  We had made arrangements to meet the grandparents in Slippery Rock so that they could get their granddaughter fix.  Dining out is always a bit problematic because 95% of most menu items are not Paleo and having some deep fried pub pretzels or cheese fries right in front of you is a bit much to resist.  My strategy for dealing with this temptation was to eat a small lunch before going to the restaurant so I wouldn't be too hungry.  So after my workouts I created the GLBT salad.  That's Guacamole, Lettuce, Bacon, and Tomato.  It used up a lot of leftovers from last night's taco salad and put a serious dent in my appetite.

Always be careful when tossing the GLBT salad

Lunch was at the North Country Brewing Company.  It was a pretty cool place -  possibly the best that Slippery Rock has to offer.  I was able to find a nice Paleo option in the rosemary chicken breasts.  I ditched the coleslaw and fries for sides and got sliced apples instead.

Since I ended up with two lunches in one day, dinner was just a few eggs mixed with salsa and scrambled.  I also downed some more pineapple and called it a night.

Workout:
I ended up more or less doing a running/Crossfit brick workout.  I met a bud at the gym an hour before the WOD and did a 5.5 mile run.  (He is signed up for the marathon relay and wanted to get his legs ready).  The WOD itself was a hero workout - dedicated to the memory of a fallen hero - which almost always means a tough one:

“Blake”
-Buy In-
Row 500M
“Blake”
Four rounds of:
  • 100 foot Walking lunge with 45lb plate held overhead
  • 30 Box jump, 24 inch box
  • 20 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
  • 10 Handstand push-ups
I finished the WOD in 25:28. Not too bad considering the run before hand. The walking lunges were a huge pain. I did everything Rx’d except the HSPU’s because I knew I would be able to get full ROM if I were doing 40 of them – doing them on the box is still no joke. On an addition high note, I think I finally figured out the mechanics of the kipping pull-up during the warm up today. I was able to do 10 of the easiest pull-ups I’ve ever done in my life.

Food Journal:
Breakfast: Pear
                  Carrot Sticks w/ Almond Butter
Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake
                          Pineapple
Lunch #1: GLBT Salad
Lunch #2: Chicken breasts w/ Garlic, Rosemary and Olive Oil
                  Apple Slices
PM Snack: Cashews
                   Macadamia Nuts
Dinner: Eggs and Salsa
              Pineapple

Sleep
8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment