Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 18

The two idioms of this morning were:
Always look before you leap
-and-
Necessity is the mother of invention

I woke up a bit groggy and was trying to cook something new for breakfast.  It was a recipe for salmon scramble from Robb Wolf's book.  The instructions were to heat some frozen veggies in a sauce pan with the lid on, add canned salmon and spices serve with some eggs and voila.  Things started out just fine.  I had the veggies going on the stove and I cracked open a can of wild caught Alaskan salmon.  I dumped the can of salmon into the pan when I realized there were a fair amount of skin and bones below the pristine surface.  I know, I know, they are edible but ewwww.  No thanks.  As I valiantly tried to scoop out all of the salmon to remove the gross parts, I failed to turn off the burner.  By the time I returned to the pan, my veggies were nicely charred and stuck to the bottom of it.  At this point, I may have slammed shut one of the kitchen cupboards in frustration...not my finest moment.  However with a deboned can of partially warm salmon and eggs at the ready I proceeded with reckless abandon.  I scrambled the eggs and then I added the salmon, some dill, dried shallots, and pepper. The result was quite delicious and filling.

Dinner tonight was also some new Paleo fair.  Tonight we did successfully make the chicken soup.   I thought it was most excellent.  The lovely wife had a hard time getting over the fact that the noodles were replaced by cabbage.  If Nicole were present, she would have told the lovely wife to suck it up :).

Don't feel bad for the lovely wife because I'm picking on her.  She is taunting me with French toast and syrup and butter right now.  The house smells like a freaking bake shop. :-/

Workout:
I did another Crossfit WOD today.  This one was interesting and unlike most other WODs.

-Buy In-
40 Back Extension
-WOD-
12 Rounds For Time Of:
1 Rep Deadlift (75% of your 1 Rep Max)
50M Farmers Walk As Heavy As Possible
-Cash Out-
30 Dumbbell Thrusters

I completed the 12 rounds in 23:12.  I used 225lbs on the dead lifts (I probably should  have gone heavier, but it has been a long time since I've tested my max) and 70lb dumbbells in each hand for the farmers walk.  The tricky part with this one was the farmers walk.  By the end of about the 5th round my grip started to wear out.  It ended up being a great test of endurance to carry the weight in the later rounds.  I'll be ready to crush coconuts with my bare hands soon.

Food Journal:
Breakfast: Salmon Scramble
AM Snack: 2 Hardboiled Eggs
Lunch: Leftover Pot Roast and Veggies
            1 Orange
Dinner: Chicken Soup for the Paleo Soul
              Applesauce & Walnuts

Sleep:
8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment