Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 29:

Today was an early day due to work commitments and daylight savings.  I peeked at the Crossfit workout just after I got out of bed and decided it would be best to tackle it in the evening.  The workout involved a 5K run for time.  Since I had just run 15 miles yesterday, even a few additional hours of recovery time were important before tackling this one.


Breakfast for two - if you look closely you might find one of our cats


Food-wise it was an anticlimactic penultimate day for the challenge.  The only burst of excitement was a bit of dessert I made using an acorn squash.  Since I'm not a huge fan of butternut or spaghetti squash, I was a little leary of using an acorn squash.  But I bought an acorn squash for this challenge and I was determined to use it.  I adapted a few recipes I found online and actually came up with what I would consider to be a winner.

Ingredients:
1 Acorn Squash
1 tbsp Almond Oil
1/3 cup of Chopped Pecans
1 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut squash into quarters and remove seeds and membrane. Brush almond oil on meat of the squash and place each quarter onto a baking sheet meat side down.  Bake for about 30 minutes and flip so that the other side of the meat is down.  Remove squash from oven and separate the meat from the skin.  Place the meat in a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.

Take a Good Look at My Nuts

The result was sweet and filling.  It could be enjoyed as a breakfast or as a dessert.

Workout:
-Buy In-
3 x 8 Reps Of Back Squat, Front Squat and Deadlift
WOD
Run 5k
-Cash Out-
30 Med Ball Cleans

I held a pretty nice pace considering yesterday's long run.  I finished in 21:48 which was a nice 7min/mile pace.
Metrics:
I know I'm a bit behind on these, but at this point we might as well wait for the big finish.

Food Journal:
Breakfast: 3oz. Ham Steak
                2 eggs (scrambled)
                1/2 Apple
AM Snack: Leftover Paleo Pancakes
Lunch: Chicken Salad and Mixed Greens
PM Snack: Macadamia Nuts
Dinner: BBQ Chicken
            Deviled Eggs
            Acorn Squash Dessert

Sleep:
8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment