Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 8

The good news is that after some food and rest I felt much much better today.  The bad news is...well, there is no bad news.  The catastrophic long run is behind me and I've learned a few lessons from the experience.  The main one is that I should fuel myself a little bit better both before, during and after the run.  A little bit of simple arithmetic reveals that I ate about 300 calories the morning of the run and likely burned about 1500 calories during the run.  My strategy for next week is to pack myself some orange slices and maybe a banana (gasp - lots of sugars, I know).  The other mistake I made was downing my protein shake so quickly.  I was thirsty as well as hungry after the run and I should have had much more water first.  I think there wasn't enough blood circulating to my stomach from all the exercise, and that lead to the queasy feeling.

Sorry there are no pictures again today, we ended up getting a monster snow storm and I didn't make it home until very late.  Dinner was hastily consumed and I didn't think to take any pictures.  I promise there will be some tomorrow.  As a substitute, let me present you with some....

Metrics
Weight: 180.5 lbs [-6lbs]*
Body Fat: 10.5% [-3%]**
Measurements: Chest 39.5" [-.5"] Waist 34.5" [-1"] Hips 37" [Unchanged]
*6lbs in 8 days - there is no way I'm getting voted off the island. :)
 **I'm measuring body fat % using electrical impedance from a Tanita scale and is highly noisy subject to my hydration level.  I do take my measurements at the same time every day to help mitigate this effect.

Workout
-Buy In-
2 x 12 Good Mornings
-WOD-
Hero workout "Roy"
Five rounds
  • 225 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
  • 20 Box jumps, 24 inch box
  • 25 Pull-ups
-Cash Out-
50 Ab Mat Sit Ups

I completed this workout in 19:55.  I scaled the deadlifts and did 185lbs.  I used the 24" box for the first two sets and then dropped down to the 20" one.  I started the pull-ups with a blue band and finished with a green one.

Food Journal
Post Workout: 1 Whey Protein Shake mixed with water
Breakfast: 2 eggs over medium
                  2 Chicken & Apple Sausage Links (I know...how original :p)
                  3/4 cup of Blueberries
AM Snack: 1/3 cup of almonds
Lunch: Carrot sticks
             Avocado slices wrapped in turkey breast 
PM Snack: 1 Orange
Dinner: 5oz salmon
              Field green salad with tomato and walnuts

Sleep
Sadly only about 6 hours.  A very unhappy baby night :(

No comments:

Post a Comment