Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1

From what I have read, most people have the hardest time with Paleo breakfasts.  I can see that being a problem in the coming days, but this morning I had some scrambled eggs, a little bit of ham steak and a handful of blueberries and it was pretty delicious.  For lunch and dinner I decided to use some Paleo recipes from Robb Wolf's book. 

For lunch I went with a salad of chopped cabbage, tuna and sesame oil.  This was actually a pretty nice combination.  I've never eaten raw cabbage before and it had a nice crunch.  The sesame oil and a little bit of pepper gave the dish a nice subtle flavor. 

For dinner, my lovely wife made me Robb's Chicken Fajita Salad.  The recipe has been posted and beautifully photographed here. Based on the recipe it sounds pretty awesome, but it would be much more palatable with a large pile of salty tortilla chips.  The redeeming quality of the dish was the delicious little avocado pieces. Other than that, it wouldn't be something I'd ever crave.

One of the other parts of following the Paleo lifestyle is getting enough sleep.  The recommendation is to get at least 8 hours.  I attempted to do this last night, but with a 7-month-old baby in the house, getting that much sleep will be hit or miss.  I figure I ended up with about 6.5 quality hours.

Despite missing my 8 hour mark for sleeping, the AM Crossfit workout went pretty well.  It was the first benchmark workout and I was able to fly through it with a pretty respectable time.  If I can improve on it after 30 days, I'll be pretty impressed.

A final observation is that I ended up getting a mild headache around 4PM.  This could either be from not eating enough or from caffeine withdrawal.  Either way I hope that it won't be a reoccurring theme for The Challenge.

Metrics:
Weight: 186.5 lbs (must have been those V-Day cookies last night)
Body Fat: 13.5%
Measurements: Chest 40" Waist 35.5" Hips 37"

Morning Workout:
-Buy In-
Shoulder Press 3-3-3-3-3
WOD
“CrossFit Baseline”
For Time:
Row 500m
40 squats
30 sit-ups
20 push ups
10 pull ups
-Cash Out-
Muscle Up Skill Work

For the buy-in I did sets of 95-115-125-135-140
I completed the WOD in 4:18

Food Journal:
Post Workout: 1 Whey Protein Shake mixed with water
Breakfast: 2 eggs (scrambled)
                3oz. ham steak
                1/3 cup blueberries
AM Snack:  2oz. almonds
                    1 orange  
Lunch: 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
           1 can of tuna fish
           1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
PM Snack: 1 apple
Dinner: Chicken Fajita Salad
             3 large strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment