Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 10

I have now reached the 1/3 milestone of the challenge.  Several pounds dropped, looking lean, and one bad long run.  All things considered it's been pretty good run so far.  My biggest obstacle this week is not the diet itself but the lack of sleep.  Hopefully I can fix this soon.

Wednesdays at work are always trouble for someone following a Paleo diet.  We have weekly seminars at our building and our work provides pizza for everyone.  Relax, deep breaths, I didn't partake.  But the smell completely permeates our entire building.  Talk about tempting.

Dinner tonight was another recipe from the Paleo Solution.  Tonight was crock pot pork loin.  I love slow cooker recipes.  Just set it and forget it...or sometimes you do those in the opposite order and you get to work only to scratch your head and wonder..."Did I turn the crock pot on?"..."I'd hate to waste an entire roast"...calling up neighbor..."Can you break into my house to make sure the crock pot is on?"...waiting...waiting..."It is? Whew!"

Anyhow...here is the recipe for those inclined to try it:
  • 1 lb Pork Loin
  • 8 oz Tomato Sauce (no sugar added)
  • 3 medium Zucchini
  • 4 cups Cauliflower
  • 2 tbsp Basil
Throw all of the above in a crock pot. TURN IT ON. Let is cook for the day.  Enjoy when you get home.*

Tastes better than it photographs - I promise

*warning according to the lovely wife, the cooking cauliflower might make your house smell like it belongs to an old lady.

Workout: 
A late night 6 miler - I'll be hitting the gym for a WOD tomorrow morning.
Food Journal:
Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled
                Blackberries
AM Snack: Walnuts
Lunch: Avocado wrapped in turkey breast
           Carrot Sticks
PM Snack: Orange
Dinner: Slow Cooker Pork Loin w/ Cauliflower and Zucchini
            Strawberries & Almond Butter
         
Sleep:
7 hours - getting better - but not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment