Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 12

Thank god it's Friday.  This has been a killer work week and I'm sure the effort will continue throughout the weekend. But it's Friday night. I've got a solid workout and work day in. The baby is asleep. Now I'm going to rest and relax.  Since I was lame, and didn't take any pictures today, I've decided to include a fun little video carbohydrate digestion and insulin resistance.  My gym posted this video a few days ago and I found it pretty entertaining.



As far as meals go, today was a bit backwards.  The lovely wife and I decided to get together for lunch since our time alone together has been diminished with the new addition in the household.  We decided to hit the Penn Avenue Fish Company in the strip since their menu looked awesome and fish is the paragon of Paleo.  It was the first time that either of us had been to this establishment and we were both exceptionally pleased.  I went with the "Energy Lunch" which consisted of a generous portion of the freshest grilled salmon I have ever tasted, a spicy ginger carrot salad and green beans in an apple cider vinaigrette.  The lovely wife ordered a shrimp and crab pizza.  I was a little nervous that the veggies that came with my meal might be coated in non-paleo goo (syrup, etc.) so the lovely wife agreed to be a taster for me.  I'm happy to report that their was no detectable trace of sugars and the like.  The spicy ginger carrot salad was delicious.  I'm going to try to replicate this one at home.  It consisted of carrots, grated ginger, and what I believe were habanero peppers.  The Paleo food I was eating was so incredibly good, I barely noticed the lovely wife scarfing down her entire pizza.  She reported - between swallows - that it was fantastic.  Although I did not partake, they had some awesome looking sushi, various chowders, and everybody's favorite: fish tacos.  I definitely recommend this place.

As the lunch was concluding, I realized that I didn't bring any snacks to work.  Since we were in the strip district, we decided to hit up Penn Mac (warning turn your speakers down before clicking that link).  Inside I found a delightful assortment of reasonably priced snacks to take back to my office.  I purchased a bag of cashews, some blueberries, a bag of baby carrots, and some blood oranges.  By the end of the work day I had consumed most of them :).  I also found that they sold almond flour (blanched almond finely ground into a powder) so I stocked up on it.  I sense some Paleo pancakes in my future.

Since I was a PM snack piggie, I wasn't very hungry come dinner time.  Since the lovely wife was interested in doing some poaching (eggs, not elephants),  I had a single poached egg and a small piece of ham before calling it a day.

Metrics:
Weight: 179.5 lbs [-7lbs]*
Body Fat: 11.0% [-2%]**
Measurements: Chest 39.5" [-.5"] Waist 34.5" [-1"] Hips 37" [Unchanged]
Workout:
-Buy In-
Squat Clean Skill Work
-WOD-
Every Minute On The Minute For 20 Minutes Do:
3 Squat Cleans
7 Push Ups
*Every 5 Min Add or Subtract Load
-Cash Out-
Mobility Stretching

This workout was taxing but a lot of fun.  I usually enjoy workouts that require a bit of strategy.  Each round was relatively easy, but keeping it up for twenty minutes with little rest is grueling.  I decided to start light (95lbs) for the first five rounds and then incremented the weight to 105lbs for the second and third five minutes.  The final five minutes I used 115lbs.  In retrospect I could have gone heavier, but I still got a tremendous workout where I was constantly moving.

Food Journal:
Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake mixed with water
Breakfast: 2 Chicken & Apple Sausage Links
                  3 eggs scrambled
Lunch: Grilled Salmon
             Spicy Ginger Carrots
             Green Beans w/ Apple Cider Vinaigrette
PM Snack(s): Cashews (a whole lot of them)
                    Blood Orange
                    Baby Carrots
                    Blueberries
                    More Cashews
Dinner: 3oz Ham Steak
              1 Poached Egg
Sleep
8 hours - the new streak continues

No comments:

Post a Comment