Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 11

I woke up this morning intending to go to an 8AM workout at the gym.  This is much later than my normal workout of 6AM so I decided I'd eat a little something that would be gentle on my stomach.  I then opened up my laptop to get a few things done for the work day.  When checking my email I realized that I had a lot on my plate and today was not a day to come wandering in at 10AM.  So I made a change of plans and decided to catch a run after work instead.  With the morning all out of whack, I forgot to grab my lunch on the way out the door to take Annabelle to daycare.  I ended up making it in to work on time but by noon I was starving.

After considering all of the local options, I decided on one of the nearby Mexican food restaurants.  I knew that they had a fajita salad option on the menu that I could fit into the Paleo framework.  I opted for a steak fajita salad with no cheese or sour cream.  The result was a nice bed of leafy greens, beautifully  seasoned steak strips, grilled onions, some spicy salsa and guacamole.  I skipped out on the dressing - it really didn't need it.

After work I hit the treadmill because the weather here has been cold and there is a significant amount of snow on the ground.  By 6:30PM all the energy I received from lunch had worn off and my run on the treadmill was pretty grueling.  I pushed hard just to get the 6 miles in.  This wasn't discouraging though, because I knew I didn't fuel myself properly.

Dinner was a filet of wild caught Alaskan salmon seasoned with dill and lemon pepper with a side of steamed broccoli. 


Workout:
6 mile run - a bit slower than I would have liked, but I gutted it out.

Food Journal:
Breakfast: 1/2 Banana
                  2 eggs (scrambled)
Lunch: Steak Fajita Salad
Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake mixed with water
Dinner: Baked Salmon w/ Dill & Lemon Pepper
              Steamed Broccoli
              Almonds
              1/2 Banana

Sleep:
8 hours - finally

No comments:

Post a Comment