Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 6

I successfully made it through the first day of the weekend.   It turns out that a grocery chain in our area has delicious all natural rotisserie chickens as well as some wonderful grilled vegetables (squash, zucchini, peppers, onions).  So I picked up lunch prior to meeting with the family.  The take-your-chicken-to-family-day strategy was a resounding success.  They never even suspected that I was making them eat healthy.

Other than visiting the family, we made a yummy meal for breakfast.  Poached eggs and - you guessed it - chicken & apple sausage.  It always seemed like poaching an egg was a difficult culinary task so it was something that I had never attempted.  It turns out, in fact, to be quite simple.  It is also really nice because it requires nothing other than an egg and water.  Here is a picture of our lovely breakfast:

Snausages & Poached Eggs

We ate pretty early because I was going to do a Crossfit workout at 10AM.  I have learned far too many times to give my food a few hours to digest before doing a workout.  Failing to do so results in what are called meeting Pukie the Clown in Crossfit lingo.  Despite feeling pretty tired, I felt full of energy during the workout.  Tomorrow I have a 15 mile run with my friends.  I'll be interested to see how that works out with the diet changes I've been making.

In the evening we visited some friends that just had their first baby.  He was a cute little bugger.  It is hard to believe that Annabelle was ever that small.  In the prep of the visit I was tempted with chocolate chip cookies and I'm pleased to report that I avoided them as if they contained rat poison.

Dinner was the reheated leftovers from Friday night.  It turns out that a single spaghetti squash can fed a family of two hundred.  To jazz things up a bit tonight, we added a nice salad of mixed greens and tomatoes with walnuts and oil and vinegar.

Workout
-Buy In-
Power Clean Skill Work
-WOD-
4 Rounds For Time Of:
10 Power Cleans  135/95
20 Wall Ball  20/14
-Cash Out-
2 x 200M Farmers Walk

This was a nice workout.  Wall Balls have always been a weakness for me.  Sets of 20 reps are nice because I feel like my form doesn't get too sloppy.  I used 115lbs on the Power Cleans.  Total time for the WOD was 8:38 (I think - I forgot to write it down - hopefully it will still be on the whiteboard when I hit the gym on Monday morning)

Food Journal
Breakfast: 2 poached eggs
                  2 Chicken & Apple Sausage Links
                  1 Orange
Post Workout: 1 Whey Protein Shake mixed with water
Lunch: Rotisserie Chicken & Grilled Vegetables
             1 Orange
PM Snack: Almonds
Dinner: Spaghetti Squash & Buffalo Marinara
              Tomato & Mixed Greens w/ Walnuts and Oil & Vinegar
              Blackberries

Sleep
8.5 hours - Sleeping in on a Saturday is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment